This week we will be discussing why change initiatives fail. We will also be introduced to Kotter’s (2012) framework for implementing successful change initiatives. The criticality of employee engagement will be established. Finally, what’s the difference between a change manager and a change leader? Both are important, but by the end of this module you will know the difference.
Please ensure that you have completed the following class assignments:
- Reviewed the course syllabus
- In particular, be sure you have reviewed the assignment due-dates, as well as the assignment assessment rubrics
- Completed the assigned readings
- Chapters 1 & 2
- Please locate and read the following article in the school library database: Greener, T. & Hughes, M. (2006). Managing change before change management. Strategic Change, 15(4), pp. 205-212.
- Reviewed this week’s lecture
- Viewed any videos and supplementary internet resources
- Completed the reflection quiz
- Posted both of your initial discussion posts, formatted per the syllabus guidelines
- Posted two follow-up discussion posts to each discussion topic (for a total of four follow-up posts), formatted per the syllabus guidelines